I've been craving muffins lately, and not the sweet kind. I wanted something different for breakfast, but still savory. These fit the bill. Marilyn devoured these, and didn't bat an eye at the speckles of bright green kale - which is a touchdown in this house. Usually, I have to convince her that she won't die from just one bite. And oh boy, smother these with a little guacamole...and you'll be slapped happy.
Paleo Sausage + Kale Muffins
Adaped from Chef Shane Kelly
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mixed dried herbs (I used All Purpose Seasoning by Simply Organic)
- 1/4 cup melted grass-fed ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup stock/bone broth/water/coconut milk (I used bone broth)
- 4 room temperature pastured eggs (helps keep the ghee/oil from seizing up)
- 1/2 cup finely minced kale
- 1/2 cup finely diced pre-cooked organic nitrite/nitrate free sausage, casings removed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease your muffin tin, or line it with paper cups. I'm probably going to use muffin cups next time.
Whisk your dry ingredients. Beat your wet ingredients. Mix em' together. Fold in the sausage and kale. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.